View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 10:45 PM   #18
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

Amber - Don't feel bad about not going back to the vet now. Your little guy may do just fine. And, you can go back to the vet in a day or two - if he doesn't continue to get better. If he's not in pain and is comfortable, it won't hurt him at all to wait a day or two.

***** Having worked in radiology for some 25 years - I can tell you that there are some fractures that don't even show up for a week or so -- especially hairline fractures. The reason for this is that they are so slight (with no displacement) that they don't even show up on an x-ray -- but a week later after healing has begun (new bone formation) - it is the new bone formation that shows up on the x-ray - but not the original fracture.

This is common with rib fractures.

So - cross your fingers and wait a couple days. Like I said - if your pup doesn't continue to get better or appears to worsen --- off to the vet you go.

PS: I am sure he probably at least has a bruise - and this may well bother him and be sore for a few days. You might notice this when his pain medication wears off. He probably will have a sore little foot for a while.

Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!