Thread: Best Bows?
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 09:01 AM   #4
Katys mom
I love yorkie kisses
Donating Member

Congratulations on your new baby!

If she is a new baby you will want to train her into putting on bows. I would start by using extra small soft scrunchies. She will more than likely pull them out, its OK. Eventually she will get used to it and maybe even look forward to it.

My Katy now goes over to the bed and puts her head down when she is ready for her bow.

There are different types of bows and as Patti said several options from vendors on this site. I call mine casual-wear and make them in a different style. I also heat seal the ends and stiffen them to help make them last longer.

As for Barettes or or bands, its up to you. Some people like to do barrettes because it is easier to change them. If you use the barette, I would recommend that you still use the rubber band and slip the barette between the head the rubber band.

Make sure that you are using groomers bands, they are better for your babies fur.

As for size, I would start out with the 3/8 size bows.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soneal
I want to buy some bows for my little girl that is coming, where can I get the best deal and best made bows? Also she is very tiny so what size should I get? Do I order rubber band or barrette style?
Katys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!