View Single Post
Old 07-16-2006, 04:48 PM   #12
wnalegria
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMySissy
Well, Sissy didn't get Giardia till I had her for five months. She doesn't have dirty drinking water and her environment isn't spotless, but it is very clean. My vet said it is very easy to pick up from many different sources and a very common parasite. I had recently started walking her and I know they can get it from other dog's poop, something as simple as stepping where it was (even if not there now) and licking their paw. It is also found in standing water and we had just had three weeks of rain. Sissy likes to "eat" the wood chips in our flower beds (I take them away as quickly as I can), but I know they were saturated with the rain water. If there are trace amounts in an animal's system, stress can make them grow out of control. So, ultimately I don't know how she got it, but boarding her would have been the ultimate stressor to make it grow out of control.

I am sure that your enviroment for the baby is clean- but where you were walking the little one was "Dirty" from someone else who did not pick after their pet and contaminated the area. I have always been afraid to take my dogs to common parks and areas that other people use for their pets.

I have been very luck that no one has came home with something from a dog show. You can never be too careful
wnalegria is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!