View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 11:44 AM   #20
moonvalley
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default food

Hi. Merrick is very rich. The vet I went to recommended it or Hills. He says 50 % dry & 50 % wet w/ veggies in order to keep the acid/base balance correct in the body. He has a Yorkie too (2 months older that mine).

He just saw her this morning, and told me that the dogs live longer, and heathier w/out problems this way. He asked me to keep her on vitamins until she is a year old, he prescribed them.

I chose Merrick as it is the only canned food with buffalo. Since Yorkies were developed on Beef & Buffalo, I felt the historical meat would be best for her. I add in the missing link, and whole yogurt, goat milk, etc. every few days. The dry food is (the other 50%) is Royal Canin small puppy. I also add in some pumpkin as well....

I figure if she wasn't being fed right, she wouldn't get well, and her coat is growing at a really high rate, about a 1/2 inch in 2 weeks. So, only offering what I am doing.

ps, We feed the St. Bernard similar to this, and every one who sees him & touches his coat can't believe it- they say is is like cashmere- and I agree it is really soft. His other 50% is Nutro.

I hope this helps you folks.
moonvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!