View Single Post
Old 07-09-2006, 01:56 PM   #6
Oscar's Mummy
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiKiPie
Tiffany has a place on her tummy where her stitches were taken out. It is a bump kinda.... About the size of a dime and looks like it has lots of junk inside of it. I called the vet yesterday and she said it was probably the inside stitches trying to come out, that it shouldnt be anything to worry about. Well I am worried. She doesnt act like it is bothering her.. and is eating and drinking fine. What do you think?
When Oscar was neutered, he developed a really red, dime shaped bump beside his incision on his belly (crypto-neuter). It didn't seem to bother him at all either, but I was concerned too so I called the vet. My vet told me the same thing - that it was the inner stitches and it was probably because they were pulling from Oscar running and stuff (he went back to himself pretty quickly). The bump seemed to have appeared overnight and got bigger and redder the next night. Then, it was gone. Oscar was fine. I would think that if your puppy had an infection, she would be licking at it a lot and it would be quite painful for her. In this case, I'd take the word of your vet - if it looks as though it is getting worse and hurts to touch, then consult your vet again.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!