View Single Post
Old 06-17-2006, 12:56 PM   #15
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

Yes I did take both my puppies to the Vet the very next day and they both checked out great with flying colors. As far as the (birth defects) that I have mentioned, unfortunately they did not show themselves until later down the road when they were fully developed. And yes, I do understand that "life is life" and "things to do happen". I am certainly NOT out to get anyone or burn anyone, that is not is my nature. My personalty is one that "Just wants everyone to get along".

In this situation with Roxy and Luxating Patella, if this is a Genetic Birth Defect, and my breeders has a guarentee that her pups are FREE from any birth defects, then why shouldn't I check into what my rights are in this situation? As of right now, my first quote for surgery for Roxy here on Long Island is $3000.00 per leg and she needs both legs repaired. I am willing to do what it takes to give Roxy a better life, but I just can't pull $6000 out from the sky. So, in my thinking about what in the world are we going to do, I thought let me just check what my contract states...I still really don't understand it, but it is clear as day that my breeder guarentees her pups FREE from Genetic Birth Defects. Sorry to keep repeating this all, but I have to explore all options and responsibilities in this matter. I hope that I haven't offended anyone, that's not my intention at all, I am just venting and trying to explain my situation and get advice. In the end I will find a way for Roxy to have the surgery even if it means I must put it on a credit card and get a second job to help pay for it, my little Roxy Girl is worth every penny I will spend on her for her entire life, as is TJ too!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!