View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 08:29 PM   #9
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

Question

Well I just e-mailed the breeder and told her about Roxy. I looked back at her guarentee. This is what it says:

It is clearly understood at the time of this sale, this puppy is not considered to be of show or breeding quality and is being sold as pet quality.. We can not guarantee you would be able to show or breed this puppy.. We do advise you to spay or neuter your pet for their health and well being..

Health Guarantee!! This puppy has a three business day health guarantee. This allows time for new owners to have the new puppy examined by their own Veterinarian. These are business days so weekends or holidays do not count as one day. If this puppy is found to be unhealthy within this period, buyer may return the puppy for 1. a replacement puppy, of the same quality, when one becomes available or 2. a full refund of the purchase price. This also must be determined by a licensed Veterinarian and a statement from him/her must accompany the puppy upon return. This is so we may continue any medical treatment that may be required. Refund will be of purchase price only, buyer is completely responsible for any medical expenses that may occur. Buyer is also responsible for any and all transportation expenses that may occur to return the puppy to the breeder. Please keep in mind any puppy may be a little shy when being moved to a new home with a new family..

Sale Conditions!! A. Puppy/dog will NOT be allowed to live outdoors!!
B. Puppy/dog will NOT be left free to roam unattended outdoors!!
C. Puppy/dog will NOT be left chained to a dog house or other similar structure!!
D. New owner agrees to assume full responsibility for the puppy. From the time new owner picks up the puppy, he/she is completely responsible for any expenses that may occur for the puppy.
E. Puppy/dog will NOT be sold or given away unless breeder is notified in advaance, either in writing or by telephone, before taking action and these contract conditions will also apply to the new owner. Breeder must be informed as to where the puppy/dog is going and the new home must be approved prior to the transfer or returned to the breeder. We care about what happens to our pups and will help in any way that we can, such as: taking the dog in, or helping to find the dog a new home. If the puppy/dog is returned to the breeder, the new owner must bring the puppy back to the breeder..
Any violations of these conditions will result in repossession of the puppy/dog with no recourse or refund of the purchase price.

Genetic Guarantee!! We guarantee this puppy to be free from birth defects!! Should this puppy/dog die, must be put to sleep or is found to have a proven birth defect than a replacement puppy, of the same quality, will be offered. The replacement puppy does not have to the same breed, this can be decided by both parties. This puppy does NOT have to be returned to the breeder as long as the breeder is provided with the medical reports and written statement from the new owners Veterinarian. The written statement MUST include the proven genetic problem and a complete description of the puppy/dog. Please do not just send the medical reports, that just tells us the problem and NOT the cause. New owner is completely responsible for any and all transportation and medical expenses..

Deposits!! Deposits are a promise to buy a puppy. If you should change your mind and no longer wish to purchase this puppy, the deposit is non-refundable. Deposits are only refunded if something should happen to the puppy to prevent the sale.

Summary!! This contract is for the protection of both parties as well as for the well being of the puppy/dog. Any changes or additions to this agreement must be made in writing and signed by both parties.

The Health/Genetic guarantee you have just received with the purchase of this puppy is not transferable. If you should resell this puppy this contract is null and void.. You would have to provide your own guarantee. The only exception to this would be if you purchased the puppy as a gift and it is known at the time of purchase, or you have contacted us prior to the puppy being transferred and the puppy is going to be given as a gift, we must approve the transfer (for example you decide to give the puppy to your mother, father, brother, etc.)...

This puppy has been dewormed at least twice before leaving with Strongid T and given medication (Albon) for Coccidia. As a concerned breeder, we try very hard to eliminate these from the puppies before leaving our home.. However stress can and will cause some of these to return. Please give your vet this information so they can continue with this program.

So...
I am not sure??? From my research about LP, most feel (Vet, etc..) that it is a Genetic Defect, so it seems that they do guarantee Genetic Defects. It doesn't talk about LP or the time limit/length for the Genetic Guarantee. So, I guess I will see what she has to say???

Any thoughts?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!