View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 07:36 AM   #57
yorkieusa
Crazy about Kacee!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBUTTERCUPx
I am very sad to say that these poor babies are not healthy at all. The female's (4.5lbs) condition can be reversed as she only has heartworms, not that it's a good thing but overall she has no genetic defects or illnesses. The male (5.8lbs) on the other hand had hip dyplasia, glaucoma, canine hepatitis, and heartworms, hookworms, any worms you can name, he has it. My vet did not recommend me rescuing the male, however I rescued both anyway. My husband has been very supportive and suggest that we give one up because we have a child on the way and it's too much for me to handle. My sister volunteered to take care of the male that we rescued and give him any and all treatments that he need. We think she'll do a good job because she is a vet tech. As for the female, she is on heartguard preventative and has been given several shots and she has never been happier. She runs wildly around my house like she never had the run of the house before. We haven't taken any pictures yet because they both needs to be groomed. Their hair we long and it was matted everywhere, it was bad as to where I cannot comb it out. It has been a very long day for me and I'm exhausted...

BTW, she gave me a really good deal on these babies. $400 for both. Why not take the chance and see what differences we can make?
Bless your heart! I'm so tickled to read that you rescued them. I sure your sister will take great care of the male.

I'll bet the little girl feels like she has been freed from a prison. I'm sooooo glad she has a chance at a good life. You are an angel!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!