Thread: Brushing
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 06:31 PM   #6
Bailey's Peeps
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkease
This is how I broke my dogs from squirming during brushing and cutting nails:

For brushing, I use a small purse size pin cushion brush and I spray them with a leave in conditioner to help ease out tangles. They are in my lap and I kiss them on the head and wrap my arms around them to make them feel secure. Then I start brushing and when they get to squirming I stop for a second and kiss them and scratch their back, which they love. I tell them they are doing so good sitting still and then I will take another brush stroke until I have the back done then I flip them over on their back and kiss them and rub the chest and them work the same process for the feet. They are starting to fall asleep when I brush them now. For the face I just hold the head next to my chest and work on the side fartherest from me. Then when they are ready to get up I use a finishing comb on the back and a slicker brush on the legs. OH! I also use a flea comb on the moustache of the dog after I brush the face.

No matter what you try, don't give up you will find what's right for you and your baby.
Now THAT'S the way to brush a dog.

I was feeling pretty good about brushing Bailey pretty well with very little conflict this evening, but your way sounds like LOTS more fun!
Bailey's Peeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!