Thread: Brushing
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 06:25 PM   #5
Yorkease
YT Addict

This is how I broke my dogs from squirming during brushing and cutting nails:

For brushing, I use a small purse size pin cushion brush and I spray them with a leave in conditioner to help ease out tangles. They are in my lap and I kiss them on the head and wrap my arms around them to make them feel secure. Then I start brushing and when they get to squirming I stop for a second and kiss them and scratch their back, which they love. I tell them they are doing so good sitting still and then I will take another brush stroke until I have the back done then I flip them over on their back and kiss them and rub the chest and them work the same process for the feet. They are starting to fall asleep when I brush them now. For the face I just hold the head next to my chest and work on the side fartherest from me. Then when they are ready to get up I use a finishing comb on the back and a slicker brush on the legs. OH! I also use a flea comb on the moustache of the dog after I brush the face.

No matter what you try, don't give up you will find what's right for you and your baby.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!