View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 09:43 AM   #13
bizzbeth
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephandGreg
Hi.
I have tried to read a lot of the other threads about housetraining, but let me also tell you all my story. Paisley is 1 1/2 years old and still hasn't been fully trained. He is able to hold it while we are at work, but when we are home he will still have accidents that we don't always catch (bad us). we do smell it though. I have read that you can litter train a dog and still have it go outside. I just feel that I want to litter train Paisley b/c I won't feel as bad when we are out of the house, and I want him to have a place to do in the house. Did I mention he wakes up 85% of the time at 2am to have to go??? my husband and I switch off taking him out, but I would like to not have too. So, any thoughts on litter box training? He is not crate trained, but stays in a bathroom when we are away. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!
Paisley's mom Stephanie
I started litter traing Oliver from Day 1! (8 weeks old) He took to it right away and was fully potty trained within two months. It takes A LOT of work-- ALWAYS watching him! But he caught on and we're accident free!!!! He also knows how to go outside when we're in the yard. GOOD LUCK!
bizzbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!