View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 07:39 AM   #1
Tophersmom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Some friends just don't understand

I was reading here today and saw something that Patti (Baby Blessing) said about some friends not understanding our grief and it made me realize that it's probably something we all experience.

Since losing Nighean on January 25th, I still find myself grieving and crying from time to time because I still miss her so...and probably always will. Some of my friends (obviously not pet owners) just don't understand. They think my grieving should be 'done' by now, and the fact that I have a new pup should totally erase all of my sadness.

For a while I was very angry at these friends...mostly because of the fact that they had to comment on my grief...something that they totally didn't 'get'. "How dare they," I thought.

But now I just feel sorry for them. They will never in their lives understand that wonderful, unconditional love that you share with an animal companion.

So I no longer feel the need to defend my feelings to them ...instead of feeling angry, I pity their inability to understand, for understanding means that you've experienced this kind of love.

How much richer my life is! Though I still grieve, I take comfort in knowing that I was given the gift of 7 years with this beautiful spirit. My life is so much better for knowing her. How lucky we all are to have experienced this kind of love.

How sad for those who never will....
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!