Thread: Mr. Humper
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2006, 02:29 PM   #6
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbermu
Yeah i should take him to get fixed but dont they snap there jewels and if thats what they do to them...Then he still dont have any for them to snap ...Thats funny how the smaller the puppy is the bigger they think they are
here i wrote this in another thread about neutering. this is basically what occurs: the testicles are completely removed in a neuter. They can't just snip them because all the hormones will still be left behind and all the bad traits of an unneutered male will come out (ie marking, humping, peeing on everything, aggression). Neutering a male is a very simple procecure. I've assisted with them more times then i can count. It usually takes about 15 minutes. The puppy is sedated, shaved, and prep'd for surgery. The vet makes one tiny incision, and pushes each testicle thru it. The cords are cut and the tesitcles are removed. The cords are then tied off so they don't bleed and then put back into the body. Then the layers of skin and muscle are stitched back up, and wha-la, dog is neutered. LOL ok so there may be a few more steps but that's the gist of it. the puppy is really only sedated for 15-25 minutes. its much easier to neuter a male then spay a female.
kalina82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!