View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 07:47 AM   #3
JRosal
YT Addict

my 3 month old does her business about 1/2 hour after meals but under 1 hour definitely...we were potty training her this long weekend and it's amazing how long she was holding it (not that we wanted her to) We put her in a crate after her 6am meal, took her out 1/2 hour later, no pee/poop (keep in mind she has not learned at this time to 'go' outside yet). Took her out at least every hour after, still no until finally 1pm, she went. It got better with time now that she realizes she can go outside...she's not very good with doing her business during walks unless she cannot hold it any longer so I decided to set up a newspaper area in the backyard to emulate her potty area in the ex pen and put a ex pen outside. Innitally, it took a while but now, she will do her business within 10 minutes from being put outside if she needs to go. I try to catch her in the act, repeat 'go potty, go potty' and give her a treat when she's done and let her out of the ex pen back in the house. After that, 1 hour of free play in the house then back to the crate. Hope this helps you as well.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!