View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 08:10 AM   #1
Carolina girl
YT Addict

Unhappy Any suggestions??????

I picked up my new baby on 4/22. Breeder was feeding her blackwood (never heard of). I started mixing her food with Natural balance. Gave her a bath with Vellus on 4/23. She went to the vet on 4/25 to get her wellness check and 2nd set of shots. On 4/26 she started itching. I took her to the vet on 4/27 for the itching. They put her on adult benedryl 1/4 tablet every twelve hours. On 4/28 I gave her a quarter tablet at 2:30 in the afternoon. It didn't help much so I called the vet back and spoke with her.I also told her she acted a little strange on it. She said give her 1/2 tablet so I gave her that at 9:30 pm. She had an adverse reaction to the medicine. We were up all night her eyes were bugged and she was paranoid. We could not take our hands off her or she would scream. I tried to reach the vet back to no avail. I called the next morning and she said bring her in. I took her in and she said I gave this dog too much medicine. I am so sorry. Bella is 9 weeks old and 2.6 pds.
She didn't charge me and gave me the name of some other medicines. I have changed her food to premium lamb and rice. She really doesn't like it but I mix lamb and rice puppy champions in it to get her to eat it. She is still itching. To the point that she wines when she is scratching. I am scared to give her more medicine. I wipe her off when she comes in from outside ( the pollen is bad her). She has been on her new food for 5 days and I used the same Vellus Shampoo. Where should I start to figure out what is making her itch. Obviously it is not her food. Maybe the shampoo. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Carolina girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!