View Single Post
Old 05-27-2006, 04:04 PM   #10
Oscar's Mummy
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Been there!

Oscar just went in for his neuter on thursday and while he was under they were going to pull some baby teeth - He also had a second row of teeth where his adult teeth had grown in in front of his baby teeth. I thought it would be maybe 4 or 5 teeth that needed to be pulled, but they ended up pulling FOURTEEN! Poor Oscar! They kept several of the teeth to show me just what was going on in this little guy's mouth and let me tell you - some of these suckers had roots on them almost an inch long! They NEVER would have fallen out on their own!

I was like you and absolutely terrified to have Oscar go through the surgery and be put under. He's only 2.9lbs at 7 mths and it just seemed like such a big ordeal for him to go through. I have a fantastic vet though - I asked tons of questions and they really put me at ease about everything. I paid out the nose for everything (final total was just under $1,000), but I don't care, I know I had some great people caring for my dog. I'll admit.. I teared up when I dropped him off that morning. But he came through everything really well. There is nothing wrong with waiting a little longer to get the surgery done and see if more baby teeth fall out by then - but I wouldn't wait TOO long to have them pulled and if you do take your pup in to be fixed, definitely get the teeth pulled while you're at it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!