View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 10:50 PM   #2
Dan & Corinne
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by remus
I am sure all of you know that grooming or brushing our yorkies is a pain in the neck.
Our Remi lets us brush him once a day, but sometimes he is a lttle grumpy and goes out of control, making it difficult to brush him well.

Grooming him takes a least 1.5 hours and two people. Mostly trying to hold him in one place.
Is this normal? How do other dogs behave at the groomers?
He is fine when taking a bath, a little nervous, but more or less fine.

Jazzie loves to be brushed and groomed. She will sit or stand or lay just the way I need her to and she sometimes falls asleep when I'm blow drying her.

On the other hand Jewel would squirm and fight me everytime I tried to brush her from the day I brought her home. I think her skin might have been more sensitive (l mean like ticklish) and she just couldn't sit still. She will only tolerate the top of her head being brushed. So what did I do??? I played mama dog and roll her on her back and growl with my mouth against her throat. That keeps her in check for about a minute. I also kept a pair of scissors handy to clip away the small tangles. Figured it wasn't worth her discomfort to try to work it out. I usually would start brushing her when she was super tired and about to fall asleep...
Dan & Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!