View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 09:34 PM   #1
Tashasmom
YT 500 Club Member

Default we had a tornado today.

I have had one heck of a day. Me and my son blaine are down at the camper cleaning it having a good ol time. It started to rain so i turned on the radio..i'm terrified of storms. And it said there was tornado watches and warnings but it wasn't for my area..so just in case i go ahead and get out a blanket and warmer clothes for blaine and I..well it started storming so i put the warm clothes on us and all of a sudden it got bad..as I was headed out the door it said a tornado was headed straight for us.
I didn't have time to go anywhere safe so i wrapped the blanket around us and headed for our old chicken coop. I knew it was safer than the camper. I flung open the door and threw blaine in cause i couldn't get the door shut the wind was so strong. I finally managed to get it closed but it took every ounce of strength and fear I had. I was so scared. I put blaine in the corner and i cuddled up over him..I was crying and praying. I was so scared. To make matters worse the kids were supposed to be home at that time. I kept praying that the school held them over or that they were at the neighbor's house..I didn't know what to do. I didn't know if I should leave blaine there and go look for them or not. I didn't have time to leave.I have never been so scared in my life. Our town is a mess. We got lucky. We had minor damage to our camper..a tree was uprooted..limbs were down and a few things were way across the yard but we were safe. And the girls thank god the school didn't let them out and my son was in another town too thank god.
When blaine seen his daddy.(he came home he didn't know if we were dead or alive)..he said to his daddy.."we had to go to the chicken coop and mommy was bawling her head off"..he's only 3 bless his heart lol..but he did everything i told him too..even though i was panicked..he was calm and did what i asked..im so proud of him..
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!