View Single Post
Old 05-23-2006, 08:31 AM   #1
Jin
Yorkie Yakker

Default Looking for small yorkie in California :)

I'm looking for another yorkie to purchase within the next few months. I live in the Los Angeles area, but am willing to drive quite a distance. Here is the criteria for the dog I'm looking for.

- Preferably a female (to avoid conflicts with my current dog)
- Mature to about 4.5lbs. or less.
- Adhere to AKC standards (straight back, straight silky coat, etc.)
- Doll-like face.. shorter snout.
- Preferably blue/tan color coat.
- Must be able to see the dog in person and both parents before I purchase.

I have researched a few breeders and I've narrowed it down to two so far. Cindy Landry (Scruffy's) and Linda Bush (Bejaze). The first breeder isn't responding to my e-mails and Linda is expecting a litter in the summer.. but sells with a spay/neuter contract which I want to avoid.

Anyone have any recommendations? I am also willing to fly if the prices of the puppies are reasonable enough to cover the cost of my flight.

I'm trying to avoid dealing with bad breeders.. I bought Lucky and he's ridiculously shy, very picky with what he eats, has a roached back, hard to manage cottony thin coat, and throws up every day (vet says he's healthy though). I called the breeder and she told me to sell the dog if I didn't like it.. and denies that the roached back is a defect and accused me of starving the dog. (*cough* don't buy from wee-r-yorkies)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!