View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 10:10 PM   #1
Dan & Corinne
Inactive Account

Default Non-Pet Owners Just Don't Get it!

I must be in the "Angry" stage of my grief over Jewel's death.

What's the most insensitive comment you've gotten about your relationship with your furbabies?

I have had comments and looks from non-pet owners that are just ugh!

They see me, ask what's wrong, I tell them, and they get the most confused look and say things like "oh, I'm sorry"... and walk away. I don't expect them to understand but I do expect people to RE-spect my feelings. My baby is not "just a dog" she is my "little girl" She is the closest thing to a human son or daughter I will ever have at 41 years old.

My boss has been great in making an exception and allowing me to bring Jewel to work with me due to her illness. When I called to let him know Jewel passed away, his response was "I'm really sorry for your loss, but I need you to come in and work on the projects for a few hours today." I was going to anyway but I wanted it to be my decision. The look he gave me when I ask for 2 hours off so I can be with Jewel when she was cremated was.... he gave me time but....

I guess I should be feeling sorry for people (both pet owners and non-owners) who don't understand the special relationship like we do with our furbabies... but I should be allow to grieve and not hide it! I feel like I'm in a secrect evil club or something!

My husband, being the smart man he is, is telling people simply that his "little girl" died. He is not volunteering that the "little girl" is a 3.5 pound Yorkie. I'm doing the same now...
Dan & Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!