View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 02:52 PM   #6
luvdorkyyorkies
BANNED!

Ive been busy with lil boy today so Im just now updating.
I wish I could say hes doing better but he's not.
I have gave him pedialyte routinely and have had to supplement him since he shows no interest in nursing at all now. His gums remain whitish along with his tongue. He whines quite a bit, but stops when he is next to mom but doesnt even attempt to nurse. He doesnt take the supplement formula well, he lets it drip out his mouth most of the time.
I did give him some more anitibiotic and gave him a bit of yogurt with the two doses I gave him in the last 24 hours.
He still has strength but I just dont know how. His skin seems more tont now but he his nursing as gotten worse. I tried not to supplement formula so he wouldnt be full if he did get the urge to nurse. But he has lost an additional 2/10's of an oz. so I couldnt wait anymore unless I wanted to just let him go. I keep hoping all the sudden with all the care he will snap out of it.
I havent taken him to the vet because my three experiences with very young puppies is they die at the vets office when they start the procedures. The only good result I have had is the advice from breeders with such young babies but the puppy was not at this extreme. Not even close.
I Always say I wont try to save sick puppies anymore with extra measures but I just cant help myself.
Again thank you for the advice. Now its up to mother nature to help. Ill let you know what happens.
I have some lixotinic on hand that I gave in a minute amount also. It is supposed to have blood building properties.
Here is a picture of the lil guy your trying to help.
He does like the hot water bottle, the only thing I havent tried is the gasx.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lilguy.jpg (135.2 KB, 57 views)
luvdorkyyorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!