Thread: squirt
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2004, 12:20 PM   #10
YorkiesRule
Senior Yorkie Talker

I usually dab up the wet spot on the carpet really well with paper towel. Than I make a solution of 1 cup or water & 1 tablespoon of white vinegar. I wet a sponge or old rag in it, squeeze the access water out and then clean the spot. I read in several places that the vinegar neutralizes the smell and they don't smell it as 'their spot' anymore. Has worked well so far. I should have added that the accidents seem to happen primarily when we have company, just a couple of people. She's so excited that she forgets. Your baby is still very young and it will take a while. Yesterday Lexi left a poop trail around the dining room table just after the guests left. I guess she was waiting for 'private' time to do her duty and forgot the correct spot because she was so happy. They are soooo wonderful. We say she just celebrates everyone's arrival. But she is much better today at 5 months than she was even just last month at 4 months. Hang in there. They are so worth it. They give so much pleasure, laughter and unconditional love. Keep asking questions here. I find it's very comforting to know you are not alone. These people have experience as well as wonderful stories.
YorkiesRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!