View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 02:05 PM   #16
schatzie
Moderator Emeritus

Please don't feel that you are "harping on a sore subject". This is what this forum is about, to discuss in length if need be our concerns, issues, questions, etc.

Also, I am very sorry Armeno had such a tough time under anesthesia, twice at that. Did the vet use Isoflourine? This is the "safer" anesthesia for the little dogs.

I am thinking that the cost of surgey (surgeries) will vary from state to state and doctor to doctor. Yes, Schatzie's LP surgery was $450.00 however, vet care is NOT expensive (in my opinion) in the state of AR.

I might be questioning your vet regarding Armeno's care and possibly look into a vet that specializes in the smaller toy dogs. It could mean the world!!

Usually dogs teeth are cleaned or pulled under other reasons for anesthesia as it does eliminate "another" anesthesia time. If not possible then I would imagine that a small dog going under anesthesia for only a tooth cleaning should be under only a small amount of time.

Schatzie was "messed up" also when I picked her up but you have to remember that upon waking up some dogs might throw up, salvitate, etc. Also the unclear eyes is due from anesthesia and is normal.

Schatzie was sticky, stinky, and I just waited until she was healed enough to bath her. I recently had surgery and I didn't wake up looking my best either so I don't expect Schatzie too.

Again, I do hope that Yorkie Talk always gives you the ease to post whatever concerns you might have.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!