View Single Post
Old 05-19-2006, 10:43 PM   #17
sandraj
YT Addict

First of all,you are doing great! Persevere with the outside training. I have just got some Poochie Bells-I will let you know how that goes as an outside signal.
You do use a puppy pen at times.Why don't you use that to go out for the evening with your husband? If the pups have been walked. toileted and and fed,then they will sleep/play/chew toys for a few hours by themselves! They will be fine! You don't have to be there 24/7.

Otherwise, give them some chew toys for 1/2 hr of peace. Walk for an hour--they will then be tired! Toilet training takes ages for these little ones--they will get there! Will they play in the yard bythemselves for even 15 mins? My 6 month old will play with my younger cat for a while,explore and chew. I am in the kitchen doing chores with 2 sets of sliding doors open so I can see what they are doing,but am not actively involved. Get the pups used to more independent time now they are older.
Good luck and it will get easier! Having 2 must be like having twin children--until they get older!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!