Thread: Ears
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 10:40 PM   #6
Deber
Yorkie Yakker

With my crew I have to say that taping did the trick! I was also told it wouldn't help...but it DID. There are two methods of taping. Just type in taping yorkies ears in your search bar...they are both easy to do. Sometimes the dogs just need a little "Help". Shave and clean the ears..tape for 3 days, clean ears. I leave the ears alone for a few days and retape them even if they are standing! After a few weeks leave them alone and see how long they stand. Retape if necessary.
Please understand that if the ear is too large or thick they might never stand, but I made the decission to try...and it worked in my case. She may have been able to pull them up on her own but I didn't want to take the chance that she couldn't. It only took a few minutes every few days and I made the decission to stick it out. We worked with her from 12 wks to 5 1/2 mo before they stayed up...but they finally stood

Good luck with your baby...but understand I firmly believe they are beautiful either way...just LOVE her!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!