View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 05:44 PM   #4
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract
It's me again, everyone. I have another trouble with my dog Joey. He's got a fairly bad case of ear mites and we've been checking into various vets about treatment... the problem is, they're all way out of our price range. Individual charges for the appointment itself, a test, the medication, etc... it all reaches upward of $100. We've tried home treatments, and they work for a short time, but not as well.

Does anyone know of or know how to find any places that offer cheaper (or hopefully free!) treatments? Our little puppy is miserable.
what kind of 'test' are they doing? all they really have to do is take a q-tip swap of the gunk in the ear and look at it under the microscope. if there are little buggies in it, then joey has mites. otherwise it just might be a regular infection.

i found this online, http://www.bullwrinkle.com/index.htm....htm~indexmain i've never used anything you can buy in the store for ear mites, but you can try.

Also, if you have any other dogs or cats you will want to treat their ears too because ear mites can be transmitted to other animals
kalina82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!