View Single Post
Old 05-14-2006, 10:24 AM   #23
Oscar's Mom
My Little Biker Dude
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLowry
Don't you just hate that "at your age s..t!" lol I am 49 and just got contacts..I started out with bausch and lombe(sp?) Like you...my eyes dry out..so now we are trying acuvue advanced..these work better..However, I am trying to get used to mono vision..I tried the bi-focal contacts and just couldn't get used to them...are yours single vision? I have been wearing the mono vision for about 4 weeks now...somedays I can see more clear than others... I just wanted to know if anyone (or yourself) here have mono and how long it took to get used to them....
Yeah, I do hate that age BS...I kinda wanted to slap him! I am 46 and I know I am not a spring chicken but I ain't on the edge of my grave either...at least I hope I'm not! Mine I am pretty sure are single vision. I am far sighted and mine are +1 in each eye and I can see near and far with them. He said that would probably change in a year and I would have to go to bi-focal but a lady in his office wears a different contact in each eye instead of bi-focals. Is this what you are referring to as mono vision? She said it took a while to get used to and then one day - BAM! - she could finally see good out of them and they were not strange to her anymore.
****************** RIP SHARON 8-10-63 to 9-21-08
Oscar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!