View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 07:40 AM   #16
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneri13
I have been wearing contacts since I was 13. Yes it's been a long time!!! I buy mine directly from the eye dr. He actually has the lowest price. Speaking of which I need to order some. My son has contacts specially made for really bad astigmatisims, they cost a fortune.($250 for 3 months) My 13 yr old son. Has tried 3 times to get contacts. Where going to try one more time, than wait a year or so before trying again. My 9 yr old daughter just got glasses.

Aren't my kids lucky they all inherited by horrible eyesight. Eye Dr. said that the odds of all the kids having bad eyesight all at the same age. (also age I started wearing glasses) is really high.
I got glasses when i was 5years old in the first grade. they were horrible looking; big thick plastic pink ones LOL Around 7th grade my eye doctor said i should start wearing contacts because my eye sight was so bad and were gettign worse each year. The contacts would help slow down the progression and it did. My contacts all thru high school and college were yearly's that came from the eye doctor becuase my mom didn't want to pay extra for me to get monthlys or weekly anywhere else. In 2004, i finally got monthly contacts thru 1800contacts. they came in boxes of 6 so i only had to buy them twice a year. In february of 2006 my vision was -6.75 in the left eye and -6.25 in teh right. I hated wearing contacts, and worse my glasses. i wanted to be able to wake up and just be able to see without having to stumble to the bathroom first thing and put in my contacts. So i decided to get teh LASIK surgery done. I went to a FANTASTIC doctor in NYC that a co-worker recommended. I got a friends and family discount of $1000 becuase of that, but it was still expensive. There was a little pain and burning for 6 hours after the surgery and i had to keep my eyes closed the entire 6 hours afterwards so i took some valium and tylenol 500s and went to sleep. After the 6 hours i could see EVERYTHING! it was amazing. my eyes didn't hurt anymore, they were no longer tearing. The next day when i went back to the eye doctor he did an eye exam and said i had 20/20 vision. its amazing what modern technology can do. i don't regret it for a minute, even tho i still haven't finished paying it off
kalina82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!