View Single Post
Old 05-11-2006, 01:58 PM   #7
Jenn218
Mojo, LilyGrace & Me
Donating Member

How about a rare (special) orchid or African Violet. They are a flower, but not just an every day flower. You could even repot them into a pretty crisp white or red vase or even an angel vase (make your own with a cheap glass vase, angel picture (magazine, internet, etc) and decoupage (HodgePodge) glue.

You could find or make a sturdy carry all or tote bag (one with angels - so many different designs for angels - or a white with red hibiscus flowers (or vice/versa), etc.
Put the flower in pot in the tote and then add some other little gifts. If they are home-made the better. - Like make a handmade card with pressed flowers from your garden, etc.

You and your sister could even go in together on the gifts and make it that much more special.

I got my mother and mother-in-law a mint foot spa set (lotion, soak, etc) at a local outlet mall for only $3.99 (it had about 5 things in it) - mint helps relieve stress and works wonders on tried/achey feet - and each a small African Violet (their favorite color) with a pretty bigger vase (since the flowers come in such small plastic ones) filled with a small bag of special African Violet potting mix, a pair of garden gloves and a small garden tool. Plus, a fancy looking purse planner (Thomas Kincaid - which they both love) that I got for only 15 cents at the outlet and a mothers key chain (funny gag gift) that was 25 cents at the outlet. I also got them both (each different) a book of poems that is actually their card (those were 25 cents at the outlet) and for my mother - a special hardback book "and God created Mothers" - again, from the outlet for 50 cents. I put it all in a cute, girly purse shaped gift bag (got at the $1.00 Store in my area), so I did pretty well for not spending a whole lot. All meaningful gifts (for us) and a little humor too.

Last edited by Jenn218; 05-11-2006 at 02:02 PM.
Jenn218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!