Thread: Hello, I'm new
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2006, 05:34 PM   #12
yougetthesmiles
BANNED FOR NOT MAILING PRODUCTS PURCHASED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyP
Yes watch her with the bigger dogs. I just learned the hard way about that. My Boyfriends Rottweiler accidently (He didn't know (Nor I) that she was under him) Kicked my Maltese. The Vet thinks he stepped away as soon as He realized she was under him as He can't believe there wasn't more Damage done. We got really lucky. I literally thought she was going to die on me. Her eye swelled up and she went limp in my arms. I went to six different Vet offices before I found one open. This happened about a week ago. She is doing really well now and is almost completly healed as she did have broken blood Vessels over it.

She is the reason I can't get one now. She is a baby, herself and I half a ton of stuff to teach her but I'd like a yorkie quick enough that they can grow up together if that makes sense.

My Maltese hair hasn't matted but she gets dirty rather quickly and needs a bath anyhow. I know all about spoiling them. I think I have already spent about 75% of my savings on my Maltese.

My Plan is to rearch now so when I am ready I will already have in my head what to ask the breeders and what to look for when buying a Yorkie.

One question I have is I have seen different colored Yorkies. I have seen black and gold and I have also seen Black, Gold, and silver/blue. Can you tell what color they are going to be when they are babies or is it something you find out as they mature?
Sorry to hear about your Maltese, I know you just have to be so leary when taking them out, you assume since their in public that they are safe, but that is not always the case!

When a Yorkie puppy is born, their blk with some gold, I have never seen a puppy born with silver in it, then again I have not seen that many puppies, but I do love to look at pups online. I think the silver comes at a later time, Kloey is now almost 1 and the silver is starting to pop out, but not very much, so she may never be silver. I think it depends on the pups mom and dad. But don't quote me on that LOL
yougetthesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!