View Single Post
Old 05-07-2006, 04:41 PM   #992
Oscar's Mom
My Little Biker Dude
Donating Member

Default My hubby was diagnosed with the same thing as you!

He dropped 30 pounds in like a month and was a wreck. One Dr. put him on some meds for like 6 months. He finally went to another Dr. who told him that if he did not do something pretty quick, he was going to have a heart attack and he was in his early 30's at the time! His heart was racing all the time. So they did the radioactive iodine treatment and "killed" his thyroid. But they really killed it...it has never produced again. So he takes Levothyroxin religiously now and keeps it all under control that way. Now he has Type II Diabetes...he is a walking wreck! I am trying to get him to eat healthy and it is like talking to a wall sometimes. He just does not get it. You just have to take it a day at a time. It is so great you are starting on this path to being healthy again!!! You Go Girl!!! There are lots of folks here that have done it and are doing it and will be so much support to you. I always say losing weight is like eating an elephant...you have to do it one bite at a time! But don't eat an elephant...I hear they don't taste so good anyway!!! If you need anything, just holler!!! Glad is a goldmine of info on this healthy eating stuff...she can help you out anytime!!! OK Glad...you have just been volunteered!!!!
****************** RIP SHARON 8-10-63 to 9-21-08
Oscar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!