View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 04:27 PM   #4
artie merlino
YT 500 Club Member

Animal Smiley 036 She chose us!

It depends on what your looking for? Male or Female? I personally prefer a male, their energy is so much different. My 12 week old female Abigail, was constantly playing with our male Artie, when we brought him to the Breeder's home. We wanted to see what the Parents looked like, her pedigree etc.
Her coat/coloring, checked her teeth to see if they were straight as well as her back, checked the size of her ears if they were standing erect. Basically her conformation. We purposely were looking for a medium sized one, she was the first born in the litter, the all looked identical, she was the largest one and the "Alpha", she was very outgoing, fearless and her personality was aggressive. I could have chose the quiet one that was a loner that kept to herself? But I knew that one would be too independent and too aloof.
Abigail, turned out to be the right choice, but that's what I was looking for, she's rough and ready for anything and she keeps up with Artie.
You have got to do your own research and decided what physical traits you do and don't want and theny ou base it on their personality.
Good Luck!
artie merlino is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!