View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 06:43 AM   #28
SpicesMom
Yorkie Yakker

Sad Questions need advice...

I know this is long, but I'm getting more and more worried everyday! Just when I think I have things figured out, it goes right down the drain...

I realize that it's been a month since everyone has been discussing this, but I just found the thread, in hopes of finding an answer about my little girl, Spice. Since we got her, she has had spells of vomitting. Lately though it seems to be getting worse. About 2-3 weeks ago I had bloodwork done trying to figure this out. Her ALT was slightly high, but the Vet said that it could be caused from growing bones. Bloodwork will be redone in 4-6 weeks. Her only symptoms are vomitting, usually at night. She'll sometimes vomit food and sometimes just bile. Usually vomits 3-5 times, until stomach is empty, and then goes on her way. Sometimes she acts sickly after vomiting and other times just fine. If she throws up more than 2-3 times that's when she acts sick...shaking, weak, etc. If this happens, I feed her a small amount of boiled chicken to get something in her and not let the acid in her belly make things worse. She always seems better after that. I have been keeping a log of her eating habits, vomiting, etc for 2-3 weeks now. It seems that she vomits every 2-5 days, usually at night. She gets treats almost everyday for clicker training and if anyone if familiar with this method, you know that they get many treats. I make them as small as possible. She used to just get hotdog pieces, but I have recently switched to Bil-Jac Gooberlicious and Liver Treats. She had been throwing up the hotdogs, so I thought I had figured out the problem. Last night, after no training yesterday and no treats what-so-ever, she when through the same thing again! So, now I'm back at square one. If anyone has advice for me as well, I would greatly appreciate it. For those of you with dogs who had/have pacreatitis, can you please describe your dogs symptoms. My vet doesn't seem to think that's what it is, since she isn't showing other signs.

Thank you in advance,
Nicole
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!