View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 07:36 PM   #11
Sherry Lynn
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

My mother has always had a bad back and I remember as a kid she'd get stuck in a bent over position (sometimes for weeks) because it was too painful to straighten her back. She went to I don't know how many medical doctors and went through all kinds of tests to no avail. Usually they would prescribe muscle relaxers or pain pills which she didn't want to take.

When she was probably about 40 she got stuck in the bent over position and went to a chiropractor for the first time. He had her fixed and feeling great after a couple of weeks of visits. Now when it it happens, she goes right away and is better after an adjustment or two.

That said...

My hubby had problems with his back and I suggested a chiropractor since I knew how much it helped my mom. Long story short he had degenerative disc disease from an old injury and the manipulation (he only went once and it left him in such pain he never went back) made it much worse. He ended up having a fusion surgery and with the right exercise program has been doing well for about 10 years now.

I guess I'm saying that while it may be good for some things, it can be just as bad for other conditions. As in everything you would be wise to your research and weigh all your options carefully.

Amy, have you ever tried yoga? It might do a lot of the same things such as stress relief and increased flexibility, and would probably be cheaper and certainly easier on your body. Good luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!