View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 07:10 PM   #10
Tophersmom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I started having 'back' problems quite a few years ago. I went to my GP, and tho I had a ton of tests, they couldn't find what was wrong with me. I tried a chiropractor, and of course, as many do, he told me that I needed to come back repeatedly for treatment...that he knew EXACTLY what was wrong with me and that he could fix it.

Well, I went back to see him for weeks and weeks, about 3 times a week, and I continually got worse. It ended up that I left my last appt with him unable to move, and had to go to emerg. In the end I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis.

The long and short of it is....in MY opinion...unless you know exactly WHAT is causing your pain, I wouldn't go to one. You could end up with a permanent injury (like a dear friend of mine), or just end up wasting alot of money.

I agree that they can do some good...again, depending on the cause of your pain...but use caution, as these adjustments can cause permanent injury if, for example, you have a bad, undetected herniation or other serious spinal issues.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!