View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 03:29 PM   #8
SupPup
Yorkie Talker

Thank you for the link, i reallly appreciate it I do, but a long nose is a definite no for me personally.

If I end up paying cash and carrying a pup out another state wouldnt be a problem, but I am really looking for that special breeder who would like to take the time to show me the ropes so I can get involved in the breed Everything I do with animals I do 100%.

Im currently looking at Miniature Pinschers and Shelties as well. We have a weight limit in the apt and I really want to stay as small as possible. With a Min Pin I would probably not be involved in the breed. Out here, it feels like a chore to look for a nice one, a lot of them look like chihuahuas and if I wanted a Chi I would get a Chi. I like a very "distinctive" dog, KWIM? Back home, my mom has a friend who has a friend (sounds like a game of telephone doesnt it?) who breeds them and could get me a decent price on pet stock but high-quality pups, but Ive been straying from them recently because of the fact that I wouldnt feel like getting "into" the breed, for my own reasons. Another long-winded conversation but not on topic so Ill spare you as far as Shelties go, my fiance doesnt like them as much as the Yorkies. I would just get a pet quality cash-and-carry pup in Shelties as the show quality pups are expensive as well and they can be VERY hit-and-miss anyway, KWIM?

I dont mind travelling for the right pup if the price and quality were right. My car gets 45 mpg on the highway and I like driving But I really, really want that breeder-to-owner relationship. I very much enjoy that with our horses and appreciated it as an owner in dogs with previous pups, but Ive found you have to root quite a bit to find it in an area such as this. I dont mind rooting, but I have backups in case it doesnt work out, see? Hehe!

Thank you for all the luck you all wish me, I see now that I will need it more than I expected! I will definitely stick around and let you know how the search goes, and if it doesnt go well, no worries! I have plenty of time.

Ive seen some posts in a negative manner toward Missouri and Yorkie breeders, whats the fluff there? Im from St Louis and plan on going back once we finish our schooling, and was surprised to see that. Just curious and not offended at all, Id like to know whats up?

Thanks everyone for your replies! Keep em coming
SupPup is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!