View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 01:17 PM   #5
SupPup
Yorkie Talker

Not offended at all! I completely understand.

Beyond the $600 I dont mind bartering for services at all. Im a doula in training and I own a car waxing business, my car details are worth $200 and doula services can cost up to $600 in this area, and I dont mind bartering for the right puppy! But that means, also, finding the right breeder who is interested in the barter . Im very careful with money and like to have at least $1000 in the bank for emergency care for a dog. I understand that they are expensive but I am a resourceful little critter and if it can be found, I'll be the one to find it! And if I can't, 1. I have other breeds Im interested in that cost less, and 2. I have no problem adopting if my puppy resources are maxed out.

I dont mind missing toes or other "oddities" either (for instance, Ive bought an incredibly nice chocolate lab whose siblings were going for over 1200 bucks for 300 since he had a "freak" white spot on his tail and couldnt be papered, etc) but I am looking for a certain "look" and also perhaps to get involved in show ring further down the road and the best way to do that IMO is to get up close and personal with a breeder with showing in mind (or a show family with breeding in mind)! And that relationship is also something that Im interested in. If it came down to purely wanting a puppy, here's cash, and walk away I would be expecting the price to be higher, but Im looking for a little more. Like I said, I dont know the breed, but if that happens in Yorkies like it does in other breeds then this is not an impossible find and just involves utilizing the right resources, so I thought I would start here

And if I find super nice pups for $600 and no attachment YOU BET I'll share! I am gooooood free advertisement

Also, I didnt mean to imply (if I did) that the spay agreement should lower the price. For my first pup (who will be a pet and nothing more) I prefer a spay agreement, as I am in no position to start popping out puppies and wont be for several years, esp. with not knowing the breed very well. Ive noticed the females often go for more, and thats understandable, Ive found that in every breed I've looked at and ESPECIALLY in horses (we've been raising top ten Appaloosas for about 5 years, I find a lot about horses is similar to dogs). I wouldnt MIND a male at ALL, but would prefer a female

I looked at that web site, but it seems their dogs noses seem really long?

Thanks so far guys It will be a long road but if theres a will theres a way! Ill keep you updated!
SupPup is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!