View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 04:04 AM   #7
yorkipower
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrosenberry
Well last night was Baileys first night of Obed. school, I was so surprised by how he acted... He is usually feisty and can be aggressive,,, well we get there and he goes under my chair and wont come out... (AHHH) Other dogs were barking and yipping and he was like " what is this" and the trainer had a micr. on and her necklace would hit it now and then,, and it would sound like thunder then that would send him under the chair again,,,
But, as for what we learned he did well it was pretty basic for the first night, and he knows all that.. we did Name recognition, come, down, and leave it. And when hes on a leash and you have a treat he'll do anything,,, so we'll see how next week goes.. Hopefully he wont be as scared!
But thought I'd let ya know how it went.. at least he didnt pee or poop like some DID
It's actually not so suprising as you may think. A lot of the machismo exhibited by small dogs is related to fear aggression. They are trying to bluff the thing that is scaring them into being scared of them, so that it will go away. However, in a new environment, your dog may have been overwhelmed and had to resort to a different tactic.

You may want to start with a semi-private or even private lesson until your puppy gets used to the training facility. Then slowly increase the number of dogs he is exposed to until he's ready for a regular, full sized class.
yorkipower is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!