View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 03:55 AM   #44
friesianlady
Donating YT Addict

I was on my way to work, I was an operations manager for a large bank. I worked in a high rise building and they closed it down. NEVER saw tv coverage, only heard the news on the radio. My husband called me and told me what was going on. I never saw or spoke to him until the next day. At work we had to go into disaster mode, calling in 15 of my top operators, we rented a van and had to move our operations to Massachusetts. On our way down the highway, not one single tractor trailer truck was on the road. At around midnight went outside for a break, standing looking up at the sky, nothing, total silence, then all of a sudden Air Force planes were over head, we were close to Logan Airport..Very scary.. On our way back to NH,(2:30am) again on the highway, we were the only vehicle on the road. Once we got back into town, to drop of our staff, a truck with 4 teen agers in it went by us. They had the largest American Flag waving and God Bless America blasting, I was never so proud of those kids, we all just stood there and watched as they proceeded up and down the main road. I am an American by choice, born in Scotland, I am proud to say this country is mine. God Bless our Troops who serve and protect us everyday, and who sacrificed their lives for us to live in a country built on freedom. I will never forget Sept. 11th.
friesianlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!