View Single Post
Old 04-29-2006, 01:20 PM   #14
YorkieRose
No Longer a Member

Love

I can not explain these things..only God has these answers. I can understand a person hating religion... People kill and do many horrible things in the name of their God. The war in Iraq is a religious war, ask any Iraqi why they are fighting against the Infidels..us, America?
Unfortunately, many churches have failed us...but there are wonderful places to be found...not all religion is the same. Please, never call me a " religious" person..I do not like the term. I am a spirit, therefore I am spiritual.

I believe the Bible is the living word of God, it is my road map home..Yes, man recorded it, but the Holy Spirit gave the inspiration..it is God's word as surely as I sit here. How can I accept this without question..because I choose to by faith. It is my choice to believe or not believe..I choose to believe what I know to be true.
If I am wrong and there is no eternal life, then I have lost nothing. I will become a speck of light in a star or a grain of sand on the floor of the sea...but if the Bible is correct and I do not accept it, then I have lost everything.

When I was young I had many of the same questions about the unfairness of life...I asked God many times how He could allow such suffering in the world...the really good thing about getting older is knowing God is in total control, He has a plan, none of us will ever understand the mind of God until we are with Him..so I have stopped trying to understand..my human mind can not be expected to do something it is not capable of doing now.

In the scheme of things, living 70 or 80 years in a difficult, unfair world is really nothing compared to forever.
I judge or criticize no one for not believing as I do, it is your free choice..I am only responsible for what I believe, and I know what I know, what I know, what I know......
YorkieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!