View Single Post
Old 04-28-2006, 05:40 AM   #2
sims822257
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I have the same problem with my little man - he does this if I let him out in the front yard and like you said especially when he has something he should not have like the next door neighbors cat POOP! YUCK!!!! Doesn't he know that mommy does not want poop kisses - ewh! I JUST started last night in fact trying to train him to rid of this problem. I hope it works but this is what I am doing. Since I want him to be able to go outside with me but be well enough trained not to run off I am putting him on a leash and my husband is holding him in sitting position and I walk away and we tell him to "stay". I than give the command to "come" and my husband lets him go and he runs to me and gets a treat. We do this over and over again. I am also working with him to stay in the parameters or the grass. I am doing this the same way, with a leash and walking him to the parameters of the yard and when he steps over into the road I tell him "no" and he comes back in the yard and when he sits he gets a treat. I hope what I am doing is productive and works - we will see. Good luck!

Oh also a rolled up news paper slapping it on something to make a loud noise usually does the trick to get my guy to drop something he should not have.

Murphy WUVS his girlfriend Trixie
sims822257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!