View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 12:04 PM   #18
livingdustmops
Princess Poop A Lot
Donating Member

I am sadden by your note but unfortunately many of these Yorkies that hit animal control are in very rough shape. We (Yorkie Rescue in our town) have been fortunate to have a wonderful working relationship with our animal control and they have helped us get some of the very sad cases out before the mandatory time. Even though we have gotten some out early they have still passed on to the Rainbow Bridge or we have had to end their pain which is a difficult thing to do. It is heart breaking to think people (owners) just don't care as witnessed by the shape the animal is in but we do what we can do to help many of these dogs.

I think it is a wonderful idea to adopt a Yorkie in her memory and there are many great reputable Yorkie rescue's out there. If you go to www.petfinder.com you will still many, many available Yorkies who need a second chance. Some are listed under the national rescue and some are in animal control but I know there are many listed in Florida and with patience you could find a Yorkie that you could honor this little girl's memory in.

If I can help you in anyway with rescue please let me know or PM me.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!