View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 06:22 PM   #1
Raisingirl
Yorkie Yakker

Default Just got Raisin spayed

Hi everyone... I don't post too often, but I think my nerves are a little bit on edge. I got Raisin spayed today... and I've been nervous about it since I made the appointment. I know she's not the first dog to be spayed, but this is the first dog I've ever had, and she is like my baby.

There are a few questions I have... I had thought that her vet would give her pain medicine, but they just did the injection and that was it... is that enough?? I asked about more and they said it was unnecessary.
But, when we got home she was whimpering, it made me feel so bad to know she was hurting. Now, she seems to be doing better, not whimpering. I think that was the hardest part for me (not raisin) is that I was unable to warn her and she didn't even know what was going to happen... just a bad surprise for the puppies.

Another question is that now she seems to be doing a little better, but I've gotten a look at her stitches and they seem awfully big and lumpy, not as flat as i thought it would be... is that normal? Just looks like it will leave a big scar. Don't get me wrong... I am glad that she has come out of everything okay so far, but I just want to make sure that they did everything right.

Right now she is so sleepy. Tonight I don't know if it would be better to just let her sleep in her crate or if i should sleep on the floor with her... probably her crate is more safe.

Luckily she hasn't tried licking or biting at her stitches, so that is really nice.

heh, thanks for listening the ramblings of a worrywart, think I'll go check on my baby now
Raisingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!