View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 07:57 AM   #10
Carinhosamulher
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty
I did report it. I guess this isn't the first time this dog has attacked. I filed the report because I was bitten and it broke the skin and the dog did damage to my door. It bent the whole thing so it needs to be replaced. The neighbor is now filing a law suit against me cause her dog needed stiches to close some of the places Kitty ripped open. I'm not worried because her dog was on my property and atackeing my dog.
Seriously, I would be filing a countersuit since it was her dog that came on your property, broke your door down, entered your house, and attacked your dog (and you while you were in the process of protecting your dog AND your home - imagine if that dog was just after anything, including you). The dog has attacked before and this was an unprovoked attack at that, especially since your dog was in your home and the Rott broke your door down. Just that fact alone, I cant see where you would not win the lawsuit. Sue her for damages and emotional stress. I would be shocked beyond words if you did not win. Get a good lawyer. Please.

(and for the record - I love Rotts. I have been around them most of my life, my friend breeds them, and I have wanted one for years but due to being disabled can not care for one properly. That being said, a dog's owner should be held completely and totally responsible for the actions of their pet. In this case, it happened to be a Rott. I wholeheartedly believe the dog should be put down and the owners sued. If it were me, that is exactly what I would be doing without any hesitation.)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!