View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 05:45 AM   #13
Ponyup
YT 1000 Club Member

My parents are very similar. When they dropped me off for college I wasn't supposed to get a tattoo or piercing or they would stop paying for college. I did both and they didn't stop. I don't know if they were afraid that I would do something stupid that I couldn't undo or what, but they were very controlling. It seems to me that you are keeping your future in mind and not going to do anything to jepordize that so I say have fun and do it. but I also understand that sometimes you obey just simply so you won't have to hear all the crap they blow, been there. I still won't drink around my parents. I know they know I drink I just don't wanna listen to them preach at me about it. I am a responsible drinker, but they see all drinking as bad. I say go for it, someday they may realize that if they would of just let you be you who you are is not that far from who they want you to be, but they never give you that chance. Also if you are worried about it they make spacer for tongue rings. They are clear and lay flat against your tongue so no one has any idea they are there. The only thing that my friends complained about when they got it done was the swelling for the first couple weeks. I couldn't get it done because I would play with it and really wreck my teeth because I have an oral fixation. I say you are a grown women paying your own way and making responsible choices and you should do whatever you like and not worry about it. Have fun while you can.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!