View Single Post
Old 04-02-2006, 05:07 AM   #8
Superpup
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default It's the hardest thing. . .

For my husband and myself, the loss of our 6 month old Yorkie pup, was harder to manage than the loss of our own parents. That's how deeply it affects us all. They needed us for absolutely everything. That precious mutual love is what drives the grief knife so deeply into our hearts.

It's been just over a year since our Ripley passed. The circumstances were overwhelming. My personal emotional situation made it harder. We cried everyday for just under a year.

We made tributes to this little guy throughout our home; two beautiful shadow boxes with his little harness vest, toys, bones, pictures, angels, etc.

His pictures are in every room, in Lenox frames.

Now, when we recall all his comical antics, badboy days, and snugglelove, we smile and laugh.

At first, we thought we could never have another pet, but 4 months after he died (of liver shunt), there we were picking up not one more Yorkie, but two!!
It took a few months to completely give ourselves to our boys, but then, you "fall in love"!

We donated to the National Yorkshire Terrier Liver Shunt Fund, and they posted our memorial on their website. We added his name to the Rainbow Bridge List. We read all we could about grief. We read other people's stories, like yours, we read books. It all helped.

Take your time. When you cry, try to remember a special funny moment. Then smile. We all see them again in Heaven. They're waiting for us!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!