View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 08:25 AM   #3
Rhapsody
And Tiger, too!
Donating Member

Animal Smiley 036

I agree with Yorkster. I've noticed that if you just get them comfortable with something. . .

Honestly, I do things with my Yorkies, that I only allowed the cat to do. If I'm making coffee a lot of times either Rhapsody or Tiger is in my arms, and I just set whoever I'm holding on the counter. The first time I did this they were nervous, but I always had a hand on them, and now it's no big deal. They will just sit and watch as I get out the ingredients and set up the coffee maker. (btw: I clean my counters constantly, before and after every meal, lol).

My computer desk also has a blanket on one part of it, and they both take turns sitting up there while I'm on the computer. Like I said the first time they were nervous, but I just kept a hand on them gave them a chew, and by introducing more and more new things they are more relaxed when approached by the unknown. They've learned they can trust me, and follow my lead, if I'm comfortable and calm then they are. . .

I hope this helps. Also during training we have to have one hand with a treat up against our left leg or side, and to save my back, when we are practicing I put a blanket on the kitchen table and walk them around the edge of the table by their leash, so I'm able to train them to stay right by my left side without walking hunchback, lol. . . You might want to try that till they are used to being set up on the table, and are comfortable with doing training stuff up there.

Good Luck!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!