Thread: puppy smuggling
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2006, 02:44 PM   #6
londonteatime
Senior Yorkie Talker

I didn't watch the video yet, but I can just imagine. I live on the Border in Texas and see this all of the time. We have a huge flea market here and there's always a bunch of people selling "purebred" puppies. The police and animal control keep watch but they can't do anything unless the puppies appear to be sick.

Every time I go to the vet's office, I encounter people there who have bought a puppy from Mexico. They don't look healthy or like the breed standard. Since I have a bulldog, the vet tells me about the bulldogs from Mexico that come in with horrible diseases and genetic problems. He warns people not to buy dogs that have come from Mexico but they're cheaper and people don't listen to him.

Dog stealing is a HUGE problem here and I have to be so careful! I learned the lesson when my house was broken into and my Dalmatian was stolen 10 years ago. I installed an alarm system after that but I also stopped walking my dogs around the neighborhood. Only my immediate neighbors know I have a bulldog and no one has seen my Yorkie. After the dogs are stolen, they're turned into breeders either here or in Mexico.

Julie
londonteatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!