View Single Post
Old 03-21-2006, 06:39 AM   #1
Tilly
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Unhappy Tilly's got allergies

Hi all, I can't find where to post an introduction sorry, so I'm writing it here, My names Emma, I live on my own with two dogs Tilly 5yrs (yorkie) and Brodie 8months (cavvie). I am currently redundant but looking for work. I have a Higher National Diploma in Animal Management.

Tilly has been poorly since Friday before New Year, swelling up breathing funny and diarrhea - she is now on antihistamine most days and is allergic to:

Soy
Beef
House-mite
Dust allergens
Storage mite in dried food

She is going to be having regular injections once they have been made up to desensitize her but she is loosing weight big time I can feel her ribs and inbetween them without pressing and I can only give her a quater of a tin of food a day to prevent diahorea - its got nothing in that she is allergic to but if I give her more the diarrhea is really bad. She should be on 1/2 to 3/4 of a tin.

I wondered if anyone else has come across this in Yorkies - she has been in the vets for four days but they can't find anything else wrong except for the above allergies which were sent away - she is fully vaccinated and up-to-date and wormed every three months.

The food i'm giving her at the minute is Hills ID in tins - I was just giving her plain fish and rice for weeks but if I up'd the amount again the diahorea got worse.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!