Thread: Ollie has LP
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 11:42 AM   #15
Bella7808
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
Thanks everyone. Luckily most of our house is one floor and there is no need for him to go up the steps which we have gated of anyway because Dixie has learned how to climb them and they are slippery wood so don't want that happening. My dad built a ramp on our deck when we moved here for Callie and the dogs prefer to use that to the steps so that's good too. I know I'm like super jaded because of how bad Callie's were so I was freaking out. The biggest issues with a joint supplement is he is soooooo picky and is hard enough to get heartgard and nexgard in him and a powder would never work because he picks at food and doesn't eat a lot at one time so we may just wait and see how things go. Him being food picking a not overeating is probably good in this case so he wont get overweight and he is extremely active. I'm sure I will be at the vet again soon and can talk to her more about it because my mom had taken the call when I was tied up with the puppy. Callie's orthopedic surgeon recommended Dosaquin at the time but that was many years ago and I doubt he will take it. Again thanks everyone
I know what you mean about how hard it's to get a picky dog to eat her meal, let alone add a new supplement powder on it. It's part of the reason why I haven't started using it yet. My feeling is that she will probably just smell it in her kibbles and walk away from eating anything at all. I think I will start with a few sprinkles at a time and see how it goes.
Bella7808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!